Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Thread: Townsville???

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Townsville???

I moved up here not to long ago from ****ny and was wondering how many of us were here ?
    I have a little bit more time on my hands now and was hoping to do some course and easier track let me know guys
    PS mines the black Canyon with NSW plates let me know if you see it around!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read your post. Yep, we are in Townsville. We did Cape York in August, in the company of another Rok. Both are autos. One had a slide on camper and the other towed a camper trailer. We attempted the CREB track but it rained while were on it, at least 3 vehicles got into serious trouble and blocked the track on the last big descent and ascent heading north. I have a few photos of our Rok next to one that didn't survive the trip.

We traveled along the Frenchmans Track east to west, did the old Telegraph Track etc, all with the slide on in the single cab and trailer behind the dual cab. We had no difficulty with the vehicles at all, simply walked them through every obstacle. Many people who saw us were amazed how easily we traveled through with the trailer, when a lot of them had difficulty without trailers. Mind you, we were totally blown away with the capabilities of the Roks. Ours had crossed the Simpson last year in standard form, so we had some idea how good they are, but still did not realise they are this good in rough country.

Ours is a white dual cab Trendline with hard cover on the ute, 17" Aldo wheels and Toyo Open Country AT2 tyres, black alloy bullbar, and VW stainless side steps. Look for the one with the Volks Racing Wagon number plate (VRW).

On another note, we have found Pickerings in Townsville to be very good, unlike so many other dealers we read about. Don't be afraid to drop in and chat to them if you have an issue.

Stu & Merlinda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im in towmsville also. Hit me up if you wanna got test some tracks out near bow hunters sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Where's bow hunters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowhunters is the scub are beahind willows/kirwan area close to the ring road.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been to pickerings a couple of times and definitely cant fault them
    The most recent issue seems to be a common one with the armrest cracking
    There was no question of it being a warranty repair and its booked in next Thursday to be replaced

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gidday Fellas. We met a young couple on their way to Townsville yesterday. They shall be with us for 4 years, coming over from WA. They are in a black dual cab trayback Rok, with a canvas covered canopy on the tray. The Rok looks good on big rubber. Say Hello to Jason if you bump into them. Sorry, I don't know his missus' or little one's names.

The end of this year has been hectic for my wife and I. Hope we can all catch up in the new year.

Stu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does any of the Townsville Rok owners have a long range tank fitted? I am researching the best option for our dual cab ute.

Stu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I have the 60 litre long ranger auxiliary which I fitted. Dead easy fit although the instructions are not so clear in parts. This gives 140 litres as opposed to I think 130 litres for the one that replaces the OEM tank. You can get the tank from longranger direct but I ended up going through their agents, ARB Worked out the same price from Longeranger but ARB didn't charge a freight cost. I think ARBs price is way lower than jo public but the freight cost from Longranger to Townsville added a few hundred extra
    Speaking of long range tanks, I had reason to call longranger a few days ago and was told they are working on a new 140 litre for the V6 which he said will also fit the 2 litre Be available in 6 weeks
    KP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks KP. I have extended my ute's exhaust pipe to the rear of the ute, so we could use an exhaust jack. Looking at photos of the 60 litre tank fitted, I suspect I can no longer use this tank. Had a climb around underneath trying to find another solution. Other than redoing the exhaust so it comes out in front of the back wheel, I cannot see how I can fit that particular tank. Damn shame actually. That may still prove to be the best option.

Stu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all! I'm in Townsville too driving a white Highline with ARB bar and canopy, with Kings awning light bar, 9" spotties and winch. I have the Broncos number plates. Like stu9 I can't fault Pickerings either. I had a Passat for 5 years before the ROK 2 years ago and they are really good! Some easy tracks up around Saunders Beach and down around Cape Cleveland and Cungulla for the beach.
    I'm definitely keen to catch up for a drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guy's, I have just bought a my17 core. Very happy with the car so far. Does anyone in Townsville have a AFN bullbar fitted?. I'm looking into mods to do in the next few months. How many ROK owners are in townsville on this site ??
    Cheers Phil

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate I'm in townsville, I'm on my second rok now My16 core plus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I'm about to take the ol girl for a big run to Melbourne and back, Did a run to Tolga and back last weekend, it seems really good on fuel and very comfortable to drive, so far 500ks to 1/2 a tank, thats from tolga and a few hundred ks around town.. It goes in on monday to get its 1500k inspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, I'm about to take the ol girl for a big run to Melbourne and back, Did a run to Tolga and back last weekend, it seems really good on fuel and very comfortable to drive, so far 500ks to 1/2 a tank, thats from tolga and a few hundred ks around town.. It goes in on monday to get its 1500k inspection.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should all try to organise a get together sometime. I see a lot of Amaroks driving around Townsville, but don't know any of the owners. Could make it an easy one so people can bring their families and get to know each other. From there we could organise some more challenging trips. Also gives all of us a chance to check out each others utes, see what accessories or mods we have and how they work etc.

Maybe Pickerings could get in on it too. It sure could be beneficial to their sales!

Stu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stu9 View Post
    We should all try to organise a get together sometime. I see a lot of Amaroks driving around Townsville, but don't know any of the owners. Could make it an easy one so people can bring their families and get to know each other. From there we could organise some more challenging trips. Also gives all of us a chance to check out each others utes, see what accessories or mods we have and how they work etc.

Maybe Pickerings could get in on it too. It sure could be beneficial to their sales!

Stu
    I'm keen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information