Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear diff lock light

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4x4 still engages as it should. but the moment it does, the ecu thinks you have the rear diff locked, so it acts as it's designed to do and disengages the ABS and ESP. you can tell by the dash lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are wiring diagrams on the forum, there in electrical, I'll have a search and try to find you the link through the week if you still need them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem too, flashing diff light has been intermittent for a while. Took it to VW DRW, they had no idea said they couldn't reproduce the light, the moment I left the store the light flashed again. Same issue with engaging 4WD, it works but ABS, ESP and TCS(?) lights come on, a Christmas tree. I noticed in low range I can engage the rear diff lock, the light becomes steady, so yes would agree its a sensor/control mod issue.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a comon problem with a kit that vw sells to fix!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY12 Highline, Reflex Silver, Siekel lift kit, 25mm body lift, Black Delta Klassik with beed locks running 275/70R18, MANTA 3" TBE, Coolum Motors VTECH Tune.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----update---

it seems that the VW diagnostic can get confused after all.
    I opened the rear diff and the problem lies there and not in the transfer case module.
    VW sells a kit, roughly 200 euros. but the diff has to come out as the ring (sensor or solenoid or both) has to be replaced.
    ordered it and will fix soon. I'll post the outcome...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alp View Post
    ----update---

it seems that the VW diagnostic can get confused after all.
    I opened the rear diff and the problem lies there and not in the transfer case module.
    VW sells a kit, roughly 200 euros. but the diff has to come out as the ring (sensor or solenoid or both) has to be replaced.
    ordered it and will fix soon. I'll post the outcome...
    I'll be interested to see what you find @alp.
    Cheers, Roo

MY 13 Trendy manual. No Colour...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
    Just had a call from dealer in Mildura rebuilding the diff under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be a common defect that VW should recognise. Five occurrences in this forum so far. Was your car repaired Driller and do you know the exact cause of the fault, electrical (sensor, ..) or mechanical?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktal View Post
    Could be a common defect that VW should recognise. Five occurrences in this forum so far. Was your car repaired Driller and do you know the exact cause of the fault, electrical (sensor, ..) or mechanical?
    Make that 6. Spent a couple of G's having it investigated to find at the time it was a $1000 part from VW. 6 months ago the light stopped appearing and all still works......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funky0 View Post
    Make that 6. Spent a couple of G's having it investigated to find at the time it was a $1000 part from VW. 6 months ago the light stopped appearing and all still works......
    Do you recall what the part was? If it is a common fault, I wonder how many of us have to pay for an 'investigation' before VW share their results and come to a consensus?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the magnetic ring thing that activates the diff. At least that is what my mechanic told me. Not a VW mechanic. Never been to VW since new due to them being thieving arrogant ......... Anyway, I couldn't justify the extra cost. The diff worked, I just had fancy dash lights all the time....

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on mine:
    I found a fix for the diff lock light being on for nearly nine months. Tow a caravan across the Hay plains with 50km/h winds in 40 degree temperatures!! 300km in and the light simply went out.... Haven't fired her up today yet to see if it stays off!!
    Cheers, Roo

MY 13 Trendy manual. No Colour...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Update on mine:
    I found a fix for the diff lock light being on for nearly nine months. Tow a caravan across the Hay plains with 50km/h winds in 40 degree temperatures!! 300km in and the light simply went out.... Haven't fired her up today yet to see if it stays off!!
    I hope it does stay off for you. My light is intermittent, on and off all the time, sometimes off for a long while, usually until I tow something.

Thread Information