0 Thread(s)
    $14k!!! Hahaha what wankers!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts exactly @Vern but I think it makes my point. They were not the only ones as I got several valuations with similar results.
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the resale value on my MY13 highline prior to this dieselgate situation wasn't that great to start with, as VW kept offering discounts every other month from when I bought it till today to push the volume up.

Same thing happened a few year ago with Mercedes and the ML series, there trade in value was shocking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And mine wasn't impacted by the recall, which also makes it worse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally had my recall done on my 2012 Amarok in May as my next service was due then and the dealer was wanting me to sign a document if I did not want the recall "fix" done as part of the service.
    Since then the car seems to drink more (I have recorded every litre of fuel used since I have had the car on a spreadsheet to calculate consumption), and it definitely seems to not cruise at 100 km/h as willing as it used to prior to the recall. These are the initial impressions as I have only done a couple of thousand k's since the recall.
    I will certainly see how it goes during upcoming summer holiday trips and if my impressions stay will certainly be going back to VW and the dealer to complain.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else get this email yesterday?

Dear Group Member
    Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda Class Actions - Important Notice from the Federal Court of Australia
    Please click here to see an important Notice from the Federal Court of Australia about the Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda Class Actions, which you should read carefully.
    If you are a client of Maurice Blackburn and you would like to remain in the class action you do not need to do anything.
    Should you have any questions in relation to this Notice, you can email us at vw@mauriceblackburn.com.au.
    Maurice Blackburn clients may obtain further information by logging into the Maurice Blackburn Client Portal by clicking here.
    Given the very large number of affected motorists in Australia receiving this Notice there may be a short delay in our response time. Please be assured we will do everything we can to respond to your enquiries as promptly as possible.
    Yours truly,
    The Maurice Blackburn Team
    Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. One from MB and one from VWA. I think the court ruled VW must let all original owners and ex owners of affected vehicles know about the impending action and opt out procedures.
    *As long as you owned the emissions effected vehicle in Sept or Oct 2015*
    Last edited by Winchy; 8th September 2017 at 10:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchy View Post
    Yep. One from MB and one from VWA. I think the court ruled VW must let all original owners and ex owners of affected vehicles know about the impending action and opt out procedures.
    *As long as you owned the emissions effected vehicle in Sept or Oct 2015*
    What are you guys choosing to do, stay in or opt out? From what I can make of the letter, if you stay in you run the risk of contributing to court costs if the case is unsuccessful.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate pretty sure there is no cost to the members in these type of class actions if they fail.

MB et al will bare the costs or the financiers backing the action

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way i read it is if you sign up with MB and lose then you cant have another go yourself.
    Seems to me just sit on the fence and one day a cheque MIGHT appear in your letterbox.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exceltek View Post
    What are you guys choosing to do, stay in or opt out? From what I can make of the letter, if you stay in you run the risk of contributing to court costs if the case is unsuccessful.
    For me, opt out.
    A free service or something would be a better out come than as some would say, a mere 100 buck from the class action.

Thread Information