Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 152 of 152

Thread: 2016 Electrical interface connector has changed!

  1. #141
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellas. I'm waiting on Peter to send me my wiring looms but I need to get my brake controller working to tow my van. Can anyone tell me which of the two interface plugs ( blue/green) is the one that is used to plug into to get the brake controller working. I can then wire temporarily until my harness/loom arrives
    Thanks for the assistance
    Kerry

  2. #142
    Supporting Member barabas902's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrycbx View Post
    Fellas. I'm waiting on Peter to send me my wiring looms but I need to get my brake controller working to tow my van. Can anyone tell me which of the two interface plugs ( blue/green) is the one that is used to plug into to get the brake controller working. I can then wire temporarily until my harness/loom arrives
    Thanks for the assistance
    Kerry
    Blue plug, black red wire in the top left corner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Thanks for that info barabas902. For the record, I spent the whole morning and other times reading as many of the posts on the subject of brake controller fittment, plug info, wiring etc I could find. I did initially try and find the grey plug but eventually found the reference to the blue/yellow I say this just to advise that I do research the posts to find the answers before I ask but I couldn't see anything.
    Anyway, can I ask if the black red wire is the brake wire and does the blue plug also have a power wire feed. I'm needing a brake trigger and power feed for the Redarc brake unit
    Thanks again for the help
    Kerry

  4. #144
    Supporting Member barabas902's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrycbx View Post
    Wow Thanks for that info barabas902. For the record, I spent the whole morning and other times reading as many of the posts on the subject of brake controller fittment, plug info, wiring etc I could find. I did initially try and find the grey plug but eventually found the reference to the blue/yellow I say this just to advise that I do research the posts to find the answers before I ask but I couldn't see anything.
    Anyway, can I ask if the black red wire is the brake wire and does the blue plug also have a power wire feed. I'm needing a brake trigger and power feed for the Redarc brake unit
    Thanks again for the help
    Kerry
    Hi mate,

    This should give you all of the info you need.

    Link to the 2016 body builders guidelines.

    Pages 67-71

    https://www.bb-database.com/document...8-30c51de87614








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All sorted. Thanks for the help ��

  6. #146
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a MY17 Amarok core and cant find the green socket pictured in Peters post.
    In my vehicle it looks like this above the accelerator pedal
    IMG_20171126_105413.jpg
    Has anything change from MY16 to MY17
    Stephen

  7. #147
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, Been a long time since my last post sorry.

    Been flat out making looms, renovating and starting a the new drone job.

    Just a heads up on the V6s.

    Some are coming out with the blue / green interface plugs now but for what ever reason, the plug colours are reverse that of the builders guide and the 4 cylinder roks.

    To be clear, the blue connections are in the green plug and the green connections are in the blue plug.

    I've seen 4 of these now. All the connections work the same, they're just in the other plug.

    So I can build looms for them but I do require a photo of the rear of the plugs so that I can be very sure that I'm aiming for the right connection.

    Just a reminder that all the bits and pieces are for sale on my website and that that's also the best way to get in touch. I'm just not having time to get anywhere near my PMs right now sorry.

    http://www.pragmaticracing.com/

    cheers,

    Pete

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sarina Queensland
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi SubaSteve_DownUnder, I am also looking for the interface plugs on my 2017 Highline, have you found them, location, colours and any photos. Looking at wiring the trigger for driving lights off one of these interfaces with the white / black stripe wire. Then will be chasing connectors from Peter. Will post photos if found. Cheers.

  9. #149
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't always be seen. Best to have a grope up under there, see if you can feel a couple of inch cubed blocks taped to the wiring loom.

    Some are better hidden than others.

  10. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just wired up my Brake controller into a MY17 core plus and my brake wires were in the green plug not the blue.

  11. #151
    Senior Member jeromeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the wiring looks different now

    IMG_0026.JPG

    IMG_0027.JPG

    IMG_0028.JPG

    IMG_0029.JPG


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Jerome

    MY13 Highline Auto natural Grey

  12. #152
    Member Sheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    Hi everyone, Been a long time since my last post sorry.

    Been flat out making looms, renovating and starting a the new drone job.

    Just a heads up on the V6s.

    Some are coming out with the blue / green interface plugs now but for what ever reason, the plug colours are reverse that of the builders guide and the 4 cylinder roks.

    To be clear, the blue connections are in the green plug and the green connections are in the blue plug.

    I've seen 4 of these now. All the connections work the same, they're just in the other plug.

    So I can build looms for them but I do require a photo of the rear of the plugs so that I can be very sure that I'm aiming for the right connection.

    Just a reminder that all the bits and pieces are for sale on my website and that that's also the best way to get in touch. I'm just not having time to get anywhere near my PMs right now sorry.

    http://www.pragmaticracing.com/

    cheers,

    Pete
    Hi Peter, @PeterJones

    As a last resort, trying to get in contact with you and/or obtain advice from other members.
    Have been trying to get in touch since January via your website/email address and left voicemails on the advertised mobile number.
    Im after a custom loom for around half a dozen accessories. Managed to have a call answered yesterday and spoke briefly with Jodie. In summary the message was that there is no time now or in future for the loom to be made.

    The question to yourself and other members is if there is anyone else doing this type of work?
    I need to get some front end lighting sorted before winter as well as trailer braking etc.

    Any advice would be appreciated immensely.

    Cheers

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •