Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Matt's MY13 Highline

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted the rhino tray and also the aerial i won as part of the brb convoy. Swapped out the oricom anu200 for a uniden AT890BK.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    MY13 Manual Highline - Natural Grey - Bedrug - Neoprene seat covers - VW MDI - Wolf4x4 Awning - Rhino Pioneer Platform - 265/65 Grabber AT2 - Bauermount - 100w Duravision Tornado Lightbar - Uniden UH8080S and AT890BK Aerial

Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work Matt. Love the video of big red. Good effort.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It is wiser to find out, than to suppose. Mark Twain.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great!
    Cheers
    Nuno

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a while. But the car Rok ticked over the 100,000km mark late January. My only complaint is the driver seat base outside bolster has collapsed, which makes the seat less 'tight' Might ask about it at the next service.

Spent 4 weeks late December and early January moving house 200km away. So drove those 4 weeks with a dual axle trailer attached to the back of the car. Was interesting as I havent done a heap of towing with this car until then. But it got along really well. up and down rolling highways with a loaded/unloaded trailer. Didnt use anywhere near as much fuel as i was expecting.
    Other than that, no further mods at the moment, other than the install of the Uniden 8080s with a Peter Jones loom.
    But my weekly km will now drop substantially with the move and i wont be burning up and down the highway weekly anymore. So I might remove the black wrap on the bonnet and get a detail.

Last edited by Matt_3.0rb; 2nd February 2017 at 11:38.
    MY13 Manual Highline - Natural Grey - Bedrug - Neoprene seat covers - VW MDI - Wolf4x4 Awning - Rhino Pioneer Platform - 265/65 Grabber AT2 - Bauermount - 100w Duravision Tornado Lightbar - Uniden UH8080S and AT890BK Aerial

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped into the dealer over the weekend as im a month away from my warranty expiring, so I wanted them to check a few things i had concerns with and again, i'm very happy with the VW team at Jackson's in Launceston.

They are replacing my drivers seat. After 103000km the drivers outside seat bolster has collapsed and is now just flat. Which I figured was probably going to be passed off as wear and tear, but worth an ask. They are replacing the whole seat. Also, the front passenger door lock is struggling, assuming the actuator is covered in dust which is restricting its movement. Thats being replaced as well.

Through out the whole warranty they have been great. Ive had a few things replaced under warranty, and its all been so easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My seat has done the same thing matt,wondering if a motor trimming place might be able to replace foam in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure. They might be able to. Mine had a full seat base replaced under warranty. So i didnt have to worry about it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently had mine replaced under warranty. They only changed the foam though. It would have been nice to get new leather too.

Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby82 View Post
    I recently had mine replaced under warranty. They only changed the foam though. It would have been nice to get new leather too.

Odd, I've had two whole set bases under warranty

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Andrew

ACV - Sand Beige Highline

Amarok Alltrack

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was definitely disappointed, however, where I went are renowned for being reluctant to do warranty repairs. Problem is, they are the closest.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is weird that they would only replace the foam. Mine was def a new whole seat base.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_3.0rb View Post
    i'm very happy with the VW team at Jackson's in Launceston.

I've bought 2 VW's from there over the years, and it's always been a great experience... Better than what I can say about Cricks Highway up here in Brisbane... Bought My Amarok and the missus' Golf and it was a complete and utter cluster-f*ck.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, long time no update.
    So since May, i have added a SMM v2 canopy, moved the pioneer platform back to the canopy, and installed some Outback Armour Trail struts and springs in the front and rear struts. Raised the front and rear so it now sits level.
    Im also renewing my General Grabber AT2's next week, 110,000km out of the current set. So super happy with their performance.
    Other than that just ticking along. Rolled over 145,000km this week.

Also, had numerous more issues with my Arkpak battery box, very very disappointed with Ark as a company, and have been pushing for them to just take the box back due to the issues. I dont feel its fit for the purpose its advertised for, and my issues show that its not doing the job. They arent budging and keep repairing it and sending it back only for it to have something else go wrong. So far its cost me two camping trips because its had to go back and not been returned in even double the timeframe they quoted for repair. Its also ruined a few other trips by going flat in the car on the way there or dying during the first day, and then having to use the car battery on accessory to keep the fridge cool enough and power camping lights etc.
    So will be looking to instal a 'proper' dual battery setup in the near future. Might do some kind of Arkpak sacrifice, as im not sure I would want to sell it on to someone else given the issues ive had with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, long time no update.
    So since May, i have added a SMM v2 canopy, moved the pioneer platform back to the canopy, and installed some Outback Armour Trail struts and springs in the front and rear struts. Raised the front and rear so it now sits level.
    Im also renewing my General Grabber AT2's next week, 110,000km out of the current set. So super happy with their performance.
    Other than that just ticking along. Rolled over 145,000km this week.

Also, had numerous more issues with my Arkpak battery box, very very disappointed with Ark as a company, and have been pushing for them to just take the box back due to the issues. I dont feel its fit for the purpose its advertised for, and my issues show that its not doing the job. They arent budging and keep repairing it and sending it back only for it to have something else go wrong. So far its cost me two camping trips because its had to go back and not been returned in even double the timeframe they quoted for repair. Its also ruined a few other trips by going flat in the car on the way there or dying during the first day, and then having to use the car battery on accessory to keep the fridge cool enough and power camping lights etc.
    So will be looking to instal a 'proper' dual battery setup in the near future. Might do some kind of Arkpak sacrifice, as im not sure I would want to sell it on to someone else given the issues ive had with it.

Disappointing to hear about Ark, I certainly considered them before going and installed system.
    Just be aware smm were using some light weight clamps to hold their canopies on, I eventually got mine replaced with the larger ones after the canopy had moved and done damage.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Bought new clamps as part of the canopy. So have the uprated ones and it hasnt moved yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Matt, nice looking rig. I'm just about to put a SJS Canopy on my Rok and I'm trying to make it dust free as possible. I have notice that at the front of the tray the top corners have holes either side and this would be another dust entry point. I was wondering if these holes were blocked off when your canopy was fitted and how?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. I have a bedrug in the tray so its covered internally but not fully sealed.
    I dont want to fully seal mine as i cart my dog around a bit. But if we go away touring again ill prob try to seal the tailgate a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a bit of an ARK pak update, its been sent back, and it appears to be doing exactly what I bought it for. Although it still has once dropped out when I had my bike in the back and it touched the arkpak and the fridge. Full carbon road bike so appears to have made a bridge between the two and zapped the battery.

As long as nothing is touching both of them it appears to be fine, Silly I know, but its doing what I want and keeping the fridge working so I cant complain. now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. I have a bedrug in the tray so its covered internally but not fully sealed.
    FYI, the bedrug doesn't come up high enough to block off the openings either side - I have a bedrug in ours and had to patch the openings with butyl rubber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here my 2015 Core Rok camping at Elliot Falls on the Old Tele Track.. Cape York..

Thread Information