Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Manta 3" turbo back exhaust

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had manta (perth) install the 3" exhaust yesterday, great guys to deal with and what a difference. I wish I had done it earlier

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are top blokes!, with an excellent product so cool an Australian company being at forefront of research and development

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY12 Highline, Reflex Silver, Siekel lift kit, 25mm body lift, Black Delta Klassik with beed locks running 275/70R18, MANTA 3" TBE, Coolum Motors VTECH Tune.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @EdwinP, did you DFP delete and tune?

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah @Rodent dpf delete, egr block and power tune from j-tech

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EdwinP; 29th October 2017 at 23:03.
    Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys
    Can you remove the catalytic converter and put a straight threw pipe in? To get more of a noise

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinP View Post
    yeah @Rodent dpf delete, egr block and 2.5 power tune from crispmods

How much of a pain is it getting dpf out ?

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazychester5 View Post
    How much of a pain is it getting dpf out ?

I am told it is relatively easy, that being said i had manta handle the install the new, remove and dispose the old system.

Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Sydney dealers to suppy and fit manta pro exhaust, dpf delete and stage 2.5 tune?

'15 Colourless Highline
    Few things done, few more coming.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked my Amarok up this morning from getting the 3" Manta and Stage 2.5 tune. Goes awesome, not much noise but certainly roars when given the berries at WOT. Feels like its on boost properly now and not just revving away not doing much. Yet to give it some good tests but pretty happy. EGR bypass install this weekend
    Brendon at Wanneroo Mufflers and Exhausts was great to deal with and recommend them for anyone in Perths north looking to get it done.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Skunk

i have mine booked in for a tune and mantra exhaust.. i thought this was a stage 2 ??? what makes yours a 2.5 mate ??

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Picked my Amarok up this morning from getting the 3" Manta and Stage 2.5 tune. Goes awesome, not much noise but certainly roars when given the berries at WOT. Feels like its on boost properly now and not just revving away not doing much. Yet to give it some good tests but pretty happy. EGR bypass install this weekend
    Brendon at Wanneroo Mufflers and Exhausts was great to deal with and recommend them for anyone in Perths north looking to get it done.
    CANYON. ARB BAR,2 INCH LIFT ON OME, WINCH,ROLL N LOCK

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably is just called Stage 2 now. I have some old phrasing in my head from staring and dreaming for the last 3 years.
    From memory all the 0.5 extra is something to do with a DPF and an EGR... the tuning posts go through it in more detail

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok mate cool.. how does yours go mate I'm getting the egr and dpf out aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    It probably is just called Stage 2 now. I have some old phrasing in my head from staring and dreaming for the last 3 years.
    From memory all the 0.5 extra is something to do with a DPF and an EGR... the tuning posts go through it in more detail
    CANYON. ARB BAR,2 INCH LIFT ON OME, WINCH,ROLL N LOCK

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goes awesome, happy as. Fuel consumption is already dropping even though I'm getting the boot into it. Crusing is effortless, pulls hard from every gear and is great fun in 4th/5th (auto).
    Pretty quiet, hardly any noise above stock unless getting right into it but that's 0.1% of the time before you're over the speed limit.
    Will be nice to see it on some highway overtaking situations and in the beach/dune sand to see how it lights up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Skunk Where you go in Perth for the tune? I'm interested in having my rok done after the warranty runs out later this year

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you hit up Manta exhausts they'll put you in touch with their supplier in your area, I'm in Wanneroo area so was put in contact with Brendon at Wanneroo Mufflers and Exhausts in Wangara.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I bit the bullet and visited Manta this week - between tune and turbo back exhaust very happy camper - great service from the team there and as others have said, why did I wait so long!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rokka's, I bought a 2012 CDCA manual recently and noted the fuel economy was a bit higher than it should be most of the time. I pulled out the DPF canister and cut a hole in the side, bloody thing was clogged and crumbling, obviously past its used by date. I gutted the DPF while I had it open, but I left the Cat Converter in place and reinstalled the Canister with the plan to send the CPU away for a tune & DPF delete.
    I have had to use the car in the meantime with the thought that I would clear any faults that come up with the Scan gauge.... but there have been no faults and I have done over 500klms? fuel economy is much better, it seems to have a bit more power and there is no noticeable change to the way the engine is running.
    Can I assume the CPU is seeing an acceptable DP across the Cat and therefore happy to let the car run?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. Im looking at getting a custom exhaust made up or getting the manta (turbo back). Does anyone know how long you can drive the amarok before needing to get it tuned. I am planning on getting both but I may do the exhaust myself prior to the tune. Any advice would be great. Cheers

Thread Information