User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Name and shame shonky vw dealers in oz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Recently dealt with Cricks Highway Springwood Qld whom are the worst car dealership I have ever dealt with. Let’s start with the tyres. I was advised by the head mechanic that all brand new Amaroks are delivered with high quality tyres such as the ones in the picture. They are like this because they are off road tyres and for me to rectify the tyres I need to swerve the vehicle from side to side constantly over a few hundred Ks where they will eventually smoothen. Outright refusal to replace the tyres. I have owned 4X4s most of my life with off road tyres that never looked like this.
    Let’s move onto the VW tow bar setup. Upon delivery I was provided with a meter long cable with an LED light adjusting device fitted to enable me to tow a trailer with LED lights. I am at a loss as to where such garbage should be secured. I guess it drags along the ground for a few hundred meters where I then request a replacement that is of course if I survive an accident due to the electric brakes being inoperable. You guessed it the illustrious cricks dealership refuse to remove their tow bar kit and reimburse me to enable me to fit an aftermarket kit that actually works without the need for a meter long cable between the trailer and car.
    VW Assist were a waste of time and effort. They done nothing and have no authority over this cricks.
    I am now waiting for a response from the office of fair trading and if need be I shall take both cricks and VW to court where we shall discuss the sterling service and values cricks allegedly live by, tyres and towbar. Attachment 21862Attachment 21864Attachment 21865

Foxhound, Am I missing something? What's wrong with the tyres? You're claim isn't really justified from what I can read, and reckon you're being a bit dramatic... The electric brakes won't be running through that connection, so you don't have to worry about not surviving an accident...

Further, I think you need to get some facts straight... Pretty sure I just read that you complain the rear view camera and sensors are disabled when the trailer is plugged in? Um, yes, that's what it's meant to do, and it tell you that in the manual...
    Last edited by huthy77; Yesterday at 08:03.
    MY17 TDI550 Highline - Candy White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huthy77 View Post
    Foxhound, Am I missing something? What's wrong with the tyres? You're claim isn't really justified from what I can read, and reckon you're being a bit dramatic... The electric brakes won't be running through that connection, so you don't have to worry about not surviving an accident...

Further, I think you need to get some facts straight... Pretty sure I just read that you complain the rear view camera and sensors are disabled when the trailer is plugged in? Um, yes, that's what it's meant to do, and it tell you that in the manual...
    Your comments are laughable. I am not interested in being bored with some kangaroo court on a forum like this by the likes of you. I shall await the decision of those in a more knowledgeable position than you as to what I as a consumer are entitled to receive.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty average comment toward other members of this forum.
    To be honest. There are plenty of intelligent people on this forum. Some of these people ar involved in the auto industries and knows how it works. They have come forward to shed a light or discuss the issue with you.
    After seeing that comment. I wish you all the best and hope that you provide us with an outcome either way.

Good luck

Wayne
    When the brains fail, brute force prevail.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops double post.
    When the brains fail, brute force prevail.

Thread Information