Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Elect. Brake Controller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, have plugged my Tekonsha P3 in and have no power (worked for a couple of minutes then nothing). Seems to be on power at the plug under the dash. Any suggestions or which fuse to check first.
    I used the unit a few monts ago and had no troubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, have plugged my Tekonsha P3 in and have no power (worked for a couple of minutes then nothing). Seems to be on power at the plug under the dash. Any suggestions or which fuse to check first.
    I used the unit a few monts ago and had no troubles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys - looking for a Perth based installer to get a brake conroller and anderson plug installed. Any Perth based guys / gals able to point me to an installer who knows their stuff.
    Cheers
    Gus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super easy to DIY it, @Angry_Goose get a loom from @Peter Jones, and it's plug and play... The longest part of it is running the wires under the car

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Andrew

ACV - Sand Beige Highline

Amarok Alltrack

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thanks Drew ill contact Peter Cheers Gus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Perth (down Jandakot way) and done both these mods to my 'rok @Angry_Goose if you want to take a look at how I've done it.
    Real easy like Drew says, not much to it even if you're not mechanically minded.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my dial for the TowPro here... Had a comment from the dealer last week that it looks factory...

Cheers, Andrew

Amarok Alltrack

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I installed my dial for the TowPro here... Had a comment from the dealer last week that it looks factory...

I like that location @Drew How hard was it to install there? Tips and hints? Perhaps a DIY/HowTo?

Disappointingly the harness from @Peter Jones does not work on the V6, no plugs but an annoying magpie like voice in my head suggested when the v6's start coming from Argentina they probably will have plugs. GRRR..
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't really that hard, @brookes2622...

You can access the back of the panel by removing the triangular panel on the end of the dash...

The cover panel itself is held in by a torx screw at the bottom, remove the obd port by unclipping it, light switch by push and turn method and the dimmer/height adjuster clips out as a single piece.

There's not much behind it in the 2013, so after making sure, drilled a pilot hole through the cover panel and support behind it, then drilled the TowPro holes on the bench.

I made the hole in the support panel with a step drill, and then squared it up with a Stanley knife...

After doing a test fit, put the cover panel back in with all the switches and obd port and added the TowPro dial last, as I would have had to cut heaps of of the support panel to have the whole lot removable...

Cheers, Andrew

Amarok Alltrack

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
    In Perth (down Jandakot way) and done both these mods to my 'rok @Angry_Goose if you want to take a look at how I've done it.
    Real easy like Drew says, not much to it even if you're not mechanically minded.
    Great thanks Rodent
    Can u send me a PM and ill try and tee something up
    Cheers Gus

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's mine super easy install with Petes loom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone installed a EBC in a new V6 yet, and if so what interfaces are used, if any?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELP!!!!! I have a new V6 MY17 and need to wire up a Tekonsha P3 today. Looks like the green/blue plugs in the 2016 body builders guide have been hidden or changed on a MY17. Anyone know where to hook it up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warneout View Post
    HELP!!!!! I have a new V6 MY17 and need to wire up a Tekonsha P3 today. Looks like the green/blue plugs in the 2016 body builders guide have been hidden or changed on a MY17. Anyone know where to hook it up?
    I ran a new line from the battery to the to my unit in cabin then back out to the rear, followed Red Arcs advice and used the brake light as a trigger with a diode and replaced the entire 13 Pin socket with a 7 pin. Seemed to be the the easiest way.

See this link https://www.redarc.com.au/1348

Towed about 12,000kms across the country and back since then with no issues or lights on dash.

Would check with your Auto-Elec though if you're not sure, not exactly the easiest of jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks rl.88!

I've run the trigger from the brakes without the diode at the moment just to get it to work and have no warning lights on the dash. The only issue is the lag on the brake lights when you take your foot off the pedal. I'm hoping in the next few weeks/months there'll be someone who's managed to figure out the plugs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I note from this thread that originally the Tekonsha P3 was the brake controller of choice. Seeing as since the start of this thread, Redarc released their Tow Pro Range. I see from more recent posts there have been some posts which appear to show finished installations of Redarc Tow Pro controllers, but not a great deal of mention about their effectiveness or how they compare to the Tekonsha. Is the Tow Pro range now the 'go to' brake controller or does it still struggle with anything other than flat terrain towing?

We are looking to buy a brake controller this week however I would prefer a hidden controller module with only the dial seen in the cabin.
    If using Tow Pro, I plan to use one of the blanks beside the gear selector to mount the dial. Unless of course anyone has advice otherwise?

Many thanks in advance
    Sheen

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also be interested to see how @Drew and @LukeCat find the new Redarc Tow-Pro Elite controllers. These now have the proportional control built in which is why I think people were tending towards the Tekonsha P3 before these were available. We've just bought a camper trailer hence the need for EBC and I'd prefer to buy a locally owned & made product. @Angry_Goose did you find an installer in Perth or did you end up DIY?
    Found a pretty good write up on Pajero owners club page:
    https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=39494

Cheers
    Brydo

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redarc tow pro elite on mine and it works like a bought one. Set and forget, test it occasionally if you want, let it so it's stuff.
    Matt
    Matt
    Ravenna Blue V6 Amarok Ultimate

Interested in joining the Amarok Club of QLD? Email info@amarokclubqld.org.au for an application

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Brydo im running the standard tow pro in mine the elite didn't exist when I got it, still extremely happy with mine towing our Kimberly kamper both on and off-road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy with ours... I tend to use it in auto mode unless off-road, when I like to set it to brake at a different rate to the Rok.

Cheers, Andrew

Amarok Alltrack

Thread Information