Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Thread: Steinbauer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steinbauer

Just bought a Steinbauer module on Gumtree for $500 came off a 2013 auto and going on my 2016 auto, does anyone know how to install it. The guy selling was doing it for a mate who upgraded to a V6 so doesn't know how it fitted.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked at the Steinbauer website? I believe that this system intercepts the ECU commands sent to each of the fuel injectors and provides its own revised/altered signals. Therefore you should have a harness that you need to run from the Steinbauer box (wherever you install it), to each of the four injectors. You pull off the factory plug and plug it into the mate socket. then you plug the harness plug onto the injector - repeat another three times. The box itself will need power i guess, so issue there is another power harness that goes to the battery or maybe via a switched ignition circuit (not sure about this but it'd be tricky to find such circuit in the engine bay). Sorry don't have one of these but did look at them before i decided on an ECU re-flash instead (much cheaper and got added bonus of EGR delete). Good luck
    MY16 TDI420 Core + Drivers Pack + Exterior Pack, Natural Grey, OptiCoat Pro+, Mann+Hummel ProVent 200 Oil Catch-can, BedRug, Roll-N-Lock + CargoManager, Focal-JMlab speakers + dBKill sound deadening, NVX MVPA4 400W Amplifier, BRC Breathers, EZ-Down tailgate, Tekonsha P3 trailer brakes, Crispmods Intake, Bilstein K-spec rear shocks, Bilstein K-spec front struts + H&R light springs, BlackHawk UCA on front suspension.

Thread Information