Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Thread: Coolant Pump b

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coolant Pump b

So my amarok started to go into limp mode the day before we were supposed to do the border track (finished up riding shotgun in a mates 80 series) but took it to my mechanic who scanned it then went through the pain of working out what was throwing the codes, it was showing faults with exhaust sensors, fuel pressure sensors (although reading normal pressures) and a coolant sensor, finally narrowed it down to the coolant pump B which was shorting and codes so $1200 bucks later I had a new coolant pump and a new fuel filter just in case it was cactus.no more faults but a lot lighter in the hip pocket. Has anyone else had this happen my rok is a 2012.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did it while I was on trip. Drove it back under limp mode to closest VW dealership, and they trucked it to my usual and picked her up on the way through to Sydney. 1 day delays for the trouble. Did you notice coolant rushing around your system a few days prior to this? It was a MY12 also.
    When the brains fail, brute force prevail.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    Mine did it while I was on trip. Drove it back under limp mode to closest VW dealership, and they trucked it to my usual and picked her up on the way through to Sydney. 1 day delays for the trouble. Did you notice coolant rushing around your system a few days prior to this? It was a MY12 also.
    Nah I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary bud just kept going into limp mode the engine light came on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information