Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Thread: V6 real fuel economy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V6 real fuel economy

Hi, I own a V6 high Line Amarok. Just putting it out there. What sort of economy you guys are getting out of there V6 Amarok a. Mine is has only clocked up a total of 1400klm. No ad blue ( what ever this is sales guy couldn't even explain it). Has paddle shifters. And canopy. haven't used it much because of issue with dpf constantly coming on. Even with slot of freeway driving. Hence third time at dealer still waiting. My most recent fuel economy 10.81 litres per 100klm.

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine varies depending on whether freeway or lots of stop start city driving. However, the long term average for 15,000kms is about 9.7lt/100km. No Adblue, has paddle shifters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, my 10.8 was 90 percent highway. How often does yours do a dpf regeneration. (Revs up to 900rpm)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only has 1,400k on it. Give it some time to free up and you'll see better numbers. I'd be checking it at around 10,000ks and then addressing issues from there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do about 70% highway and the rest light City (Canberra) driving and my economy gets as low as 7.7 on a trip and is usually around 8-9. My overall, after 45000, is not indicative as I also tow a bit. I have AdBlue and paddle shifters but I am unsure why they are being mentioned in an economy conversation. My understanding is the AdBlue is injected after combustion and the paddle shifters are, well, just paddle shifters.
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V6 real fuel economy

Mine has Adblue German built coming up to 13000kms. On a freeway cruise it regularly goes into the low 7ís with gentle throttle cruising at 100. Towing a van for 3000 kms got an overall average of 14.3L/100km. Give the berries and enjoy the power sees it go to high 10ís.
    Your right foot determines the economy.
    Re the DPF issues, never had one! In order to allow the motor to do a regen the engine water AND oil temps have to have fully normalised usually after 20 mins running and then it will determine if a regen is needed. If it does it helps if you donít switch it off if you notice the idle is high as it is halfway through a regen and wonít ever get the chance to clear your DPF.
    Solution, go for a decent drive at least every fortnight and blow out the cobwebs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rokhard; 26th January 2018 at 09:12.
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Of all the things I've lost, the thing I miss the most, is my mind!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V6 real fuel economy

Ad blue is a urea solution that is injected post DPF and adds to the hot exhaust to reduce NOX emissions. It is used on diesels complying with Euro 6 emission standards. Aust does not switch from Euro 5 to 6 until later this year. That is why the German Roks have adblue and the Argentine Roks currently do not! I have heard that the Argy Roks have slightly more fuel consumption as a result.
    Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure running at highway speeds prevents the motor running at high idle RPM. I am regularly on the motorway at 100kmh for an extended period and come to an off ramp and stop at some lights and the idle will by at the high RPM. In fact, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for high idle speeds as it just seems to be random as it happens whether I am on the motorway or just tootling about town.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When conditions are right for regen it occurs anytime and if you come to a stop it holds the idle high until itís finished so highway or local it will do regen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regeneration problems

Problem with my Amarok. It will do it after a long trip, while on a long trip, pretty much more often than not which causes it to use slot of fuel. Have spoken with deisel engineer, he said I have a fault but won't look at it due to warranty issues. I have to get written approval from VW. Mine also on cold start every time I start it it will run cold start for over 11 min before idling down to 600rpm. Even with the ute sitting in 33deg sun all day, still takes over 8 min. This is not normal. As the loaned me the same vehical for five days and would idle down after three min. The goodies at the service centre said mine was normal to idle this long and 10.8 litres per 100 KLM on the highway was normal and could see even higher. Thats bull****

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenev View Post
    Problem with my Amarok. It will do it after a long trip, while on a long trip, pretty much more often than not which causes it to use slot of fuel. Have spoken with deisel engineer, he said I have a fault but won't look at it due to warranty issues. I have to get written approval from VW. Mine also on cold start every time I start it it will run cold start for over 11 min before idling down to 600rpm. Even with the ute sitting in 33deg sun all day, still takes over 8 min. This is not normal. As the loaned me the same vehical for five days and would idle down after three min. The goodies at the service centre said mine was normal to idle this long and 10.8 litres per 100 KLM on the highway was normal and could see even higher. Thats bull****
    One of the temp sensors is out of range check your oil temp readout in the dash display should get to 100 or more
    Or it may be a lambda sensor out of range causing ecu to think the engine has not got to temp and increasing injector duration keeping it under cold start conditions too long
    Get the VW techs to dig down a few layers in VAGCOM if you have an out of range sensor they should see it
    Yours is out of spec!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Revenev are you still talking about an engine that has done ~1400klms? I'm not suggesting there isn't something wrong, however that does seem a ridiculously small sample of driving to call in someone other than VW to sort your car out. Can I suggest you go for a drive to the highway and blast to 100, in 4th for a little bit (10kms). The engine is too new to call anything other than under use yet.
    Matt
    Matt
    Ravenna Blue V6 Amarok Ultimate

Interested in joining the Amarok Club of QLD? Email info@amarokclubqld.org.au for an application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, most of the driving has been highway, even after two two hour runs it will still do random regenerations. 11min warm ups on a warm day is not normal. I have a loan V6 Amarok with less KLM that has not done a regeneration and warms up to normal idle after three min

Thread Information