Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deceased Amarok - Overheated and now dead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kombiutedriver View Post
    Hi mig

The recent saga is my 13 Amarok and it was bought through Cricks and serviced by Cricks at Maroochydore.

It is their service department that drove my Rok out for a test drive, seized the engine and had it towed back to Cricks.

Now they want to charge me $24,269.82 to remedy it.
    So Cricks overfilled oil and contaminated the brake fluid, assuming as you said they serviced it ?

So are they not liable for everything ?

I'm confused.

This makes me feel nauseous mate - good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kombiutedriver

If Cricks have serviced the vehicle as per schedule and it blew up during a road test conducted by them then they really don’t have a leg to stand on. Imo they are trying to pass the buck and hoping that you will either, get your insurance to cough up or pay yourself.

Stick to your guns and tell them it’s their issue as the REAL damage was done during their roadtest and that if it was overfilled THEY must have done it....

I would ask for a written report on what happened and then speak to VW Aus and also be prepared to maybe get some legal advice.....

I suspect when they realise you’re not going to roll over they may “come to the party”

Good luck��

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlg View Post
    Kombiutedriver

If Cricks have serviced the vehicle as per schedule and it blew up during a road test conducted by them then they really don’t have a leg to stand on. Imo they are trying to pass the buck and hoping that you will either, get your insurance to cough up or pay yourself.

Stick to your guns and tell them it’s their issue as the REAL damage was done during their roadtest and that if it was overfilled THEY must have done it....

I would ask for a written report on what happened and then speak to VW Aus and also be prepared to maybe get some legal advice.....

I suspect when they realise you’re not going to roll over they may “come to the party”

Good luck��
    Agree completely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didnít already. Ask VW Australia for case number and put them in loop in every email you send. Do nothing by phone only written discussion... good luck man. I love the cars I absolutely hate the dealership....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Jerome

MY13 Highline Auto natural Grey

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cocked up & over filled it during the service they did on it now want to blame some cockermainy crap about oil in the intake. At the end of the day itís their fault, end of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have taken a different approach to this issue.
    I would make that insurance claim as suggested. Car get fix quick smart and back on the road, but when you fill out the claim, make sure you clearly note that they have screwed up, back up all your claims and statement with solid evidence of what has transpire.
    In the mean time, you just pay the excess, they can fight it out as long as they want in the background, and in the end, if your claim is correct, you get your excess back.
    No point expiring precious energy arguing with them. The mongoose never help the snakes...
    When the brains fail, brute force prevail.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t the oil warning light come on if you overfill. Mine certainly did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name cricks says it all. This company is in dire need of serious investigation by the Office of Fair Trading with a view to shutting them down. I for one will never ever have anything to do with that cricks company ever again. In fact I am looking forward to seeing them in court. I had nothing but poor second rate dealings with cricks highway at Springwood. I shall publicly report on those dealings in due course. As for VW Assist, they are well aware of cricks and their unsavoury practices but have absolutely no control over the cricks VW department which makes VW Assist a waste of rations. In fact VW Assist done absolutely nothing to address the issues I raised with them. I have heard rumours of individuals seeking to start a class action against the cricks company, which sounds like a very good idea to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kombiutedriver don't go around in circles with them, give them an ultimatum to repair their mistakes in writing giving them 7 days notice to respond failure of which you will take the matter to the next level. The case in this link sounds very similar to your issue in that they refuse to rectify their mistakes. https://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgm...QCAT15-499.pdf
    Last edited by foxhound; 14th April 2018 at 17:13.

Supporting Member kombiutedriver's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on the Amarok that is kaput.

Tuesday 10 April
    RACQ Assessor rings me and says he is writing it off. Reason only down as overfilling with oil, nothing else.Says bill was up to over $27k now but no communication from Cricks.

Wednesday 11 April
    RACQ Valuer rings me and says they were giving me market value for the Amarok. Still no word from Cricks.

Thursday 12 April
    Cricks Volkswagen Service Department emails me at 4.58pm and tells me the tilt tray is arriving Friday morning but I will have to pay $2700 to have the Amarok released. I am given a phone number on the email to ring the service department.
    Message Volkswagen Australia and point out the lack of service, failure to offer a loan vehicle and Cricks trying to charge me a bill for work that contributed to the car seizing on the test drive.
    Suggested that whoever ordered the test drive was negligent as it was on this test drive that the engine seized.

Friday 13 April
    Tilt tray driver rings me and tells me that Cricks won't release the Amarok.
    Ring Cricks and speak to the Service Manager and ask why I was being charged $2700. Told him I had already emailed Volkswagen Australia after the email from Cricks then went through what I had outlined in my email over the phone. Told him that customer service at Cricks was crap and that they had a hide to charge me for work that resulted in my car seizing its engine on their test drive. Suggested that he screw up the bill and put it in the bin and that some of his staff were cowardly in the way that they were avoiding making phone calls to keep me informed for the week.
    Service manager screwed up the bill and I had to call the tilt tray back.
    Tilt tray driver tells me that Cricks Volkswagen service department were bitching about me when he picked up my Amarok so I rang the service manager back to give his service department another serve about poor customer service.
    Down the highway the tilt tray driver pulls over and I get all my stuff from the Amarok and wave it off down the highway to Pickfords at Acacia Ridge.
    Now shopping for a new car.
    Moffat Beach, Sunshine Coast
    Soon to be Rok owner 2013
    74 SC Kombi Ute
    and numerous kombi projects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, just wow.

Cricks should not be in business.

Happy shopping and glad your pain is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was quite an interesting experience to say the least.

Even trying to charge me to release the vehicle was a bit surreal but I just stuck to my guns and reminded them that they seized the engine on a test drive and there was no disputing that fact. If it was the wrong decision to take it on that test drive then it was a negligent decision for which Cricks was responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by WazL View Post
    Wow, just wow.

Cricks should not be in business.

Happy shopping and glad your pain is over.
    74 SC Kombi Ute

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an insane experience mate blessing in disguise that ya insurance covered it hopefully what ever you end up with is a decent ride and ya don't have any issues with it.

Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take them to QCAT - that's disgusting service - they should have either fixed your vehicle or be getting forced to replace yours with an equivalent.

lucky that your insurance somewhat came to the party.

depends what your appetite is for the exercise.... on principle I'd be serving them for damages, vehicular, and otherwise
    Cheers, Andrew

ACV - Sand Beige Highline

Amarok Alltrack

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kombiutedriver. I'm glad you made the insurance claim and now on your way to new car. As for Cricks, have no doubt their expert will be in corres with RACQ fighting over the payout cost. In the end with will be a commercial decision by one of the party.
    When the brains fail, brute force prevail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    Kombiutedriver. I'm glad you made the insurance claim and now on your way to new car. As for Cricks, have no doubt their expert will be in corres with RACQ fighting over the payout cost. In the end with will be a commercial decision by one of the party.
    The funny thing is that Cricks sent me the usual sms survey to give them a rating out of 10.
    I think you can guess my rating.
    Then Volkswagen Australia sent me a comprehensive survey where I gave every detail, date and pricing from Cricks.
    I wonder if Iíll get any follow up from VA.
    Now just waiting on the money to come through to do a deal on a new Prado. Money talks.
    Cheers

74 SC Kombi Ute

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís happened to me. I sais I was very disappointed.
    An someone from VW tried to called me very shortly after survey.
    They are actually taking it very seriously.

Cheers, Jerome

MY13 Highline Auto natural Grey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further update
    VA has not done a single thing since I completed the survey.
    No letter, email or phone call.
    Think VA and the dealer Cricks are just hoping it all disappears.
    Ostrich-like approach.

74 SC Kombi Ute

Thread Information