User Tag List

Thread: Sportline or Highline V6?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportline or Highline V6?

Hi guys,

Looking at getting one of these new. My17.5 sportlines are running out hot and I can pick one up for sub 50k with a tow pack, where the highline is still 56+..

Right now I'm finding it hard not to get the sportline! I like the look of the sports bar but I can buy these off gumtree for $200 near new..

Are the headlights that much worse? And any thoughts on resale value?

Any help would be great!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrim View Post
    Hi guys,

Looking at getting one of these new. My17.5 sportlines are running out hot and I can pick one up for sub 50k with a tow pack, where the highline is still 56+..

Right now I'm finding it hard not to get the sportline! I like the look of the sports bar but I can buy these off gumtree for $200 near new..

Are the headlights that much worse? And any thoughts on resale value?

Any help would be great!
    I have had both headlights, Bi-Xenons are A LOT better than multi-reflector halogen!

I would opt for the Highline if you have the money... High beams can be improved with Spotlights or driving lights, but low beam is not as easy. Also, you will have more comfort equipment in the Highline!

Anyway, you will have a great truck and enjoy every moment (except scheduled maintenance, paying is not that funny),

Good luck!

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares about headlights .... get the best you can afford.
    Stop worrying and get one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what changes were made to the MY17.5 Highline over the MY17?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VW gave me a Highline for 72 hours and I put 600kms on the clock. Brilliant engine, ride ok but seats were woeful. Auto everything is great if you do long trips, going down to the holiday house the other day we went through some nasty storms and not having to worry about lights or wipers means you can concentrate of the road. This day the conditions were shocking, even aquaplaned twice, thank god I was in a CC AWD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, first post.

I went today to purchase a core plus or even a 2015 highline, I got a great deal on a new Sportline and could not be happier, it is a 17.5.

A deal in Perth never happens but Southside VW came to the party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popie how much if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your ute? I'm in the middle of negotiating for a sportline myself.

Cheers
    Last edited by -shay-; 28th December 2017 at 20:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just bought a MY18 highline and reason I went for it over the sportsline was for the headlights and the tyre pressure monitoring system. I have since found out from the dealer that the MY18 Amarock highline does not have the tyre pressure monitoring system, even though the latest MY 18 brochure clearly has the highline as having it. Also to note is the MY18 does not have the DAB radio tuner as does the MY17.5 Only reason I went for the MY18 is for the upgraded towing cap to 3.5t.

Thread Information