User Tag List

Thread: Tyre up size need help on fitting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyre up size need help on fitting

Hi guys,

I currently have 275 55 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on KMC Rockstar 2 20 x 9 with +30 offset on my Rock. No lift or bull bar fitted and I want to go up a size to 275 60 20 (33inch).

My rock only ever so slightly rubs on part turn if im going in or out of a driveway but other than that I have no issues.

I will be doing a lift kit soon and stuck on what's best for me but that's another question in another thread at another point in my life hahaha.

So my question is as my rock is now with the KMC Rockstar 2 20 x 9 +30 will I be able to fit the 275 60 20 tyres without an issue? Or will I need either a 2 inch suspension lift or a 1 inch body lift? or both to fit?

Tyres are Kanati Trail Hog tyres.

Would appreciate urgent advice as waiting on purchasing tyres.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of going from the 265/50 20 to the 275/55. Do you have a photo of them on the vehicle? I have got the nitto AT as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    275/60R20 look to be 33s (exactly 33.0 inches) so I guess you'll have similar issues to the others that have tried 33s with a +30 offset. Expect to have to do some trimming of guards/flaps. At least 275 is not too wide so I presume you'll clear the upper control arm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate.
    I was looking to try and fit the BFG 275/55r20 on my stock Ultimate rims. I think they are a +43 offset.
    With your current setup, how much space have you got between the inside edge of the tyre and the upper control arm bolt?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenyaya View Post
    I was thinking of going from the 265/50 20 to the 275/55. Do you have a photo of them on the vehicle? I have got the nitto AT as well.
    275 55 20 much better in my opinion. I do have poke but im buying some look alike Bushwackers next weekend. I am eventually going to go down to 18 inch wheels and up the tyres to 285 65 18 but before I do that I will do a 2 inch suspension lift and 1 inch body lift. only downgrading to 18s to get more sidewall as I'm too scared to go on some off road tracks with the 20s

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chisel View Post
    275/60R20 look to be 33s (exactly 33.0 inches) so I guess you'll have similar issues to the others that have tried 33s with a +30 offset. Expect to have to do some trimming of guards/flaps. At least 275 is not too wide so I presume you'll clear the upper control arm.
    the guy ended up selling them :-( im going to try stick it out with my currents until I can afford some 18s and 33's .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgo79 View Post
    Hey mate.
    I was looking to try and fit the BFG 275/55r20 on my stock Ultimate rims. I think they are a +43 offset.
    With your current setup, how much space have you got between the inside edge of the tyre and the upper control arm bolt?
    I have about 20mm I have to double check though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.
    That looks like 20mm in height, what I'm talking about is the sideways gap between the sidewall/corner of the tyre to the bottom of that bolt/nut in the upper control arm.
    With my standard offset i will be much closer to the inside of the wheel arch than your setup.
    Are you able to see how much space you've got where I'm referring to?
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.
    That looks like 20mm in height, what I'm talking about is the sideways gap between the sidewall/corner of the tyre to the bottom of that bolt/nut in the upper control arm.
    With my standard offset i will be much closer to the inside of the wheel arch than your setup.
    Thanks again
    Yeah man I will double check this arvo when I'm free if i can squeeze my arm into there and get a pic I will do that for you too :-)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accidental post - deleted
    Last edited by chisel; 15th August 2017 at 08:16.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.
    Thanks again
    Sorry for the delay been really busy at work in the middle of handover on my project.

It's hard to tell in the pics this was the best one I could get its about 17-20mm clear from the bolt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate.
    Hi. Did you end up putting the BFG 275/55r20 s on the stock rims? Im looking to do the same and was wondering if you had any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi ! is anyone running 305 65 18 or 285 70 18 on Delta Klassik ?
    any pics will be appreciated

Thread Information