User Tag List

Thread: Canyon from Northern Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canyon from Northern Ireland

Hi there,

I've been on the forum for a while and thought I would share a few pics of my í14 Canyon from Northern Ireland.

Really pleased with it so far. Next up will probably be roof rack and tub rack.

Thanks for looking

Andrew

Last edited by NornIronRok; 4th July 2017 at 00:51.
    2014 Canyon in Copper Orange, Bi-Xenons, Bilsteins, H&R Springs, Fuel Vectors, 2017 Grille, 2017 Bumper, Bonnet Protector, Revo Stage 1, Forge Boost Pipes, Crispmods Intake, K&N Filter

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the 2017 grille and bumper a straight fit , looks very tasty
    Oz
    Got told to follow my dreams , so I am going back to bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canyon from Northern Ireland

Hi there,

Itís almost a straight fit with only a few minor modifications needed.

The grille was straight forward enough, just two plastic brackets either side of the grille needed removed or replaced with the 2017 part to allow it to go in to place (I just removed them as I did not think they were doing anything anyway). The 2017 grille does fit with the pre-2017 front bumper, the clip bit along the bottom is exactly the same as the old grille and the top holes line up perfectly also.

For the front bumper, the clipping points between the bumper and the bottom of the wings lined up perfectly but there were modifications required to allow the fog lights and fog light grilles to fit.

On the big plastic bar directly behind the number plate, there are two bolts that attach it to vehicle which are directly behind where the new fogs go. These bolts stop the fogs going anywhere near where they need to. Initially I tried the 2017 plastic part but there is nothing in the pre-2017 Amarok to mount it to so modifying the existing part is necessary. The bolts needed shortening and a bit of the plastic material removed to allow the bolts to sit far enough back to give the fogs enough space. New fog light plugs need to be wired in also.

The holes in the 2017 bumper behind the number plate donít line up with the original holes in the plastic bar behind so some improvisation was needed there too.

I used the original parking sensors but they are a reasonably loose fit and when on, they give a random beep now and again. This is either due to them being a loose fit or that they have now been painted black (paint thickness may have affected how they function).

The 2017 arch liners and support bars down in behind the arch liners were required along with the 2017 foam insert for the big metal crash bar behind the lower bumper grille.

I wasnít really sure what to expect when starting in to it but Iím really glad I went for it now

Hope that helps,

Andrew
    Last edited by NornIronRok; 4th July 2017 at 00:51.
    2014 Canyon in Copper Orange, Bi-Xenons, Bilsteins, H&R Springs, Fuel Vectors, 2017 Grille, 2017 Bumper, Bonnet Protector, Revo Stage 1, Forge Boost Pipes, Crispmods Intake, K&N Filter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pics for any Game of Thrones fans on here...

Did a bit of a trip round some of the GoT locations in Northern Ireland the other day. Got to Slaver's Bay, Stormland and the Kings Road (or so I'm told.. I've never watched a single episode).

Typical weather though so apologies about the picture quality.

Thanks for looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would share a pic from the weekend. My Amarok got Revo stage 1 software installed. I'm extremely happy with the results, so much nicer to drive now with more power and torque throughout the rev range. If anyone has access to Revo dealers I would certainly recommend it.

Here is a before/after video for anyone who is interested;

Last edited by NornIronRok; 13th January 2018 at 22:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some tlc at the weekend..

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NornIronRok View Post

Very nice. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
    Matt
    Ravenna Blue V6 Amarok Ultimate

Interested in joining the Amarok Club of QLD? Email info@amarokclubqld.org.au for an application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey nornironrok great looking rok.love the colour on the canyon. just wondering what wheels and tires you running and where did you get them.im in the south of ireland and im struggling to find a supplier with in the island of ireland.thanks steve

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NornIronRok View Post

Very nice. Scrubs up very well.
    Amarok Highline Natural Grey 2016

A man must believe in something.
    I believe I'll have another beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks scblack.

@ irishsteve. I just got your pm and sent you the details. I'm from Northern Ireland and Wolf 4x4 shipped the wheels over. They are the 17x8.5" Fuel Vectors. You can see them here: http://www.wolf4x4.com.au/fuel-vecto...-amarok-17x8.5

Thread Information