Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Thread: Good place to get Amarok serviced (Perth area) ? (or places to stay away from)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Good place to get Amarok serviced (Perth area) ? (or places to stay away from)

Hi Guys (and Girls),

What's your latest view on where the get the rok serviced around Perth?

Mine is coming up for it's second (30k) service and would prefer it to bring it to a place that knows what they doing and have fair pricing.
    Don't have problems with the car right now - and don't think I have any outstanding recalls - so doesn't necessary need to be a VW garage.

Personally I did not have had very pleasant experiences with DVG Melville (very hard to make an appointment, took me many phone calls to get it booked in) and Southside (Their behind the counter personnel just didn't know what they where doing, and tried (trying) to get extra money out of customers by offering (forcing) service when it's not yet needed). With both of these places the mechanics might be great guys that know what they doing - but I just don't have a warm feeling with these companies anymore.

If not with serviced at VW (or even if serviced at VW) - Should I get the oil/filters somewhere else? (where?)

Cheers,
    Dutchie :-)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dutchie

Yeah would have to agree with you about Southside. That being said i did take mine to them for a faulty sealtbelt buckle and came home 4 weeks later with a new clutch and flywheel. Parts ordering was a joke forgot slave cylinder so hade to wait for that to come in etc etc.

Melville never been there although hopeless to try and deal with on my touareg ended up going elsewhere.

I hear good things about wangarra vw from other members and my neighbour gets his rok serviced there.

The last warranty services i had done at vw osborne park and they also service my touareg. They have been great, fixed warranty niggles on both and even done some free coding on my rok.

I am sure there are better value places around that peeps will suggest.

I now service the rok myself as it out of warranty.
    Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken all of my VW varients to Phil @ Eurospec. Self run workshop out in Balcatta (No apprentices) Great guy also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dutchie,

I use AME Automotive in Canning Vale.
    I've been there a couple of times and recommended them to a work mate and neither of us have had anything but a positive experience.
    And like a dealer they have courtesy cars available so you aren't left stranded.

From memory my services are usually around $270 before any extras.I've had new brakes, cabin filter, brake fluid flush etc.
    I was happy with the charge for those too.
    When the brakes were done at 50k I spoke to Anthony about what he would replace them with and he straight out said DBA rotors and Bendix pads which is the combination suggested many times on here which gave me some confidence they had a bit of an idea what they are doing.

Good luck with the hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, thanks! Will book in with one of these three - all seem to tick the boxes!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always used Wangara Volkswagen. I have never had a bad thing with them. Been using them since 2012 when I bought my Tiguan and my Rock goes to them too.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with rblane. Wangara Volkswagen have been good for me too. And VW parts are reasonably priced I have found.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find with parts in perth it's best to ring around, every dealer seems to have a different price.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Amarok MY12 - Candy White
    3" Manta Exhaust - J-Tech Power Tune - PWR Intercooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a Vw family, would also recommend AME. Had the wife's Tiguan there for a service and she was happy with the customer service. Couple of my mates take their vehicles there too (not VW).

Was disappointed with German Auto Service the last time I used them... got the (now seemingly) familiar "we ran out of time but you welcome to come back another time (and we'll charge you more)" speech... Both myself and my daughter have had similar experiences at G.A.S.

Others may have had better service, but I won't use them again...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I might grow old... BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for tips and feedback @rblane, @atjb, @EdwinP, @TAZmania2k1 !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found Osborne Park hugely helpful. On the way back from the new year adventure from esperance, my power steering pump was on the way out. They replaced it under warrenty even though my warrenty frame expired 6 months prior.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - I did go to AME....... and....... FANTASTIC

They did a full service, gave me a loan car, washed and cleaned inside, rotated tires, 40$ fuel cards, gave me a bag with sweets... all for a very competitive price. And on top of that Anthony (the owner) is a fantastic bloke. We did have a small communication problem, but he made sure he did the right thing for me.
    I know where I'll go for next service. TOP

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Ok - I did go to AME....... and....... FANTASTIC

They did a full service, gave me a loan car, washed and cleaned inside, rotated tires, 40$ fuel cards, gave me a bag with sweets... all for a very competitive price. And on top of that Anthony (the owner) is a fantastic bloke. We did have a small communication problem, but he made sure he did the right thing for me.
    I know where I'll go for next service. TOP
    I'm always hesitant to recommend anything to anyone with the fear they have a bad experience. So I'm really glad to hear you had the same type of experience I always have going there!

Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I'm always hesitant to recommend anything to anyone with the fear they have a bad experience. So I'm really glad to hear you had the same type of experience I always have going there!

@Jace , same here , over the years I have made some recommendations to people only to have them show up and be demanding , argumentative and in general just sh-ts , now only make recommendations to a very select few
    Oz
    Got told to follow my dreams , so I am going back to bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Phillip at Eurospec Balcatta.

I've had a number of things sorted out there, including a major service, and would highly recommend their workshop to anyone looking for a quality job NoR...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    living the dream, at the beach or in the pool! Caves NSW.
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcaddy View Post
    @Jace , same here , over the years I have made some recommendations to people only to have them show up and be demanding , argumentative and in general just sh-ts , now only make recommendations to a very select few
    Oz
    I've always said it's how you approach people that colours your experience, I had to use a different dealer than I would normally. And approached them in a polite and hopeful manner and got a good response. I had got some helpful advice from our usual place, which helped in my approach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendow View Post
    +1 for Phillip at Eurospec Balcatta.

I've had a number of things sorted out there, including a major service, and would highly recommend their workshop to anyone looking for a quality job NoR...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thats good to hear. I spoke to Phillip at length on the phone and he took time to explain things and was happy to have a chat unlike some mechanics who just rush you and have no customer service skills.

I'm booking in the amarok with him and will let you know how he goes but so far he has given me a great first impression

Thread Information