0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thanks mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V6 Owners Roll Call and discussion

@Rokhard, Sorry to pepper you with questions, however, where did you bring the cables into the tub? You mentioned an existing hole?
    Cheers

Last edited by Webby82; 8th August 2017 at 13:04.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Webby82 , if you have a look at my photos you will see the heavy duty cables exiting from just under my hard cover latch( the silver bracket). you will find the hole just under the tub lip near the top corner just in front of the rear light housing. It goes into the void between the tub liner wall and the outer skin. Drop a trace wire down there and it should pop out behind the rear wheel. Use this wire to pull your heavy duty cables UP into the tub. I pulled 2 X 6B&S cables in that way. They are shown in the corrugated conduit and terminate in the blue Anderson in my photos. I ran the feed from the main battery down the passenger side to the rear tub, watching for the hot bits near the exhaust on the way. I then ran the other cable ( output from the battery box and DC-DC Converter) down to the Anderson on the tow bar for the caravan feed.
    Hope this helps Cheers Pete
    Last edited by Rokhard; 8th August 2017 at 14:53.
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Of all the things I've lost, the thing I miss the most, is my mind!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you may have to pull back any tub liner walls to see these holes bye the way @Webby82
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. Thanks mate. Exactly what I was after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day everyone,
    I'm a new member joined 5th July picked up my V6 Highline on 20th July. First off would like to thank Ash from Wolf 4x4 for His time and explanations regarding the amarok suspension and his recommendations considering the all the mods and for referring me to a Victorian Installer of the equipment PX Wholesalers in Dandenong and their crew for fitting all the options which are an AFN Bull Bar, Runva Winch, MCC Rear Rocker Bar, Suspension Kit from Wolf 4x4 including Outback Armour springs bilstein shocks and a Siekel Snorkel a Black Hawk Upper control arm, redarc tow pro and window tint. So I have an Indium grey V6 highline with all of the above and roof racks Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 A/T tyres 265/60/R18 and a soon to be fitted Caddy Canopy.
    thanks for your time
    Sparky60

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found a latching switch for either LH or RH side of the console for winch power enable that is a little more elegant than the "Air Free Spool" #A152? - see: http://www.aironboard.com.au/store/p...&switch_type=9

Would prefer one that just said "winch power" or a winch symbol in white but will go with this as the best I have been able to find if I have to.

(Control box earth wire to be run via this switch to stop operation by others when the vehicle is unattended).

Not quite sure the logic behind the words "Air Free Spool" in conjunction with a winch symbol?

Cheers,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore my comment about "Air Free Spool" - understand now how it relates to the winch drum (if you've got it setup that way) - would still prefer "winch power" or just a winch symbol (preferably in white) for a switch to go either side of the console.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone towed with there V6 over the 4 cylinder? I have a 4 cylinder now and find with a 2 tonne van on the back to be crap at 90-100k/m especially for overtaking or climbing hills. I imagine the V6 will solve all my concerns.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    Has anyone towed with there V6 over the 4 cylinder? I have a 4 cylinder now and find with a 2 tonne van on the back to be crap at 90-100k/m especially for overtaking or climbing hills. I imagine the V6 will solve all my concerns.
    That is precisely the reason I traded my 2L to the V6 and it has made a teeth gnashing trip as the 2L struggled up the ranges, to smiling all the way and even passing people going UP hills. The bonus is I actually get better fuel economy with the van on with the V6! I must admit though the economy drops a bit if you use all those ponies and surf the torque wave. Love my V6 it is the engine that ute should have had from the start. The 2L was impressive for its size and what I did with it , this new car is very nice to drive.
    Pete

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    V6 Highline MY17
    Yamaha FJR 1300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    Haven't towed with the 4 cylinder but I replaced a GUIII 4.8L Patrol with the V6 Amarok - tows the Stallion 3 horse angle loader float (1500kg empty) more easily than the Patrol and backs it up a very steep driveway with no drama (the reverse ratio of the Amarok box was the only real worry I had about buying the vehicle).

Had a 6L V8 Jeep Quadratrac before the Patrol (mainly towing a 3 ton Sharkcat, then horse floats) and my impression is the Amarok just as good, if not better......

Hate the warning light with LED trailer lights though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys. A newby and happy to have grabbed a V6 Ultimate in February. Done 8k to date back and forth to the farm from Melbourne and drives better than a few good cars I've had. To date its been a rhino bar and sliders as was not keen on the stainless sliders that sat a bit low (and as JHP in Blackburn said - 'mate it looks tougher'. Changed the grill myself and still experimenting with this as VW emblem sat so far out front it pushed the light bar way out there. And the advertising keeps mentioning that the motor powered a Porsche so I reckon I have to go for a tune to find some of that potential - ?IMG_mervROK.jpg

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Merv! I have not seen that before. . Pretty unique I reckon.

I had the 4cyl auto before I got a V6 about 3 weeks ago and they are / have been a pleasure to drive. I have had a Ranger and 3 Hilux Utes for work in the past and I would never go back to any of those after having owned these 2.

I will keep mine standard for the time being though. Or at least till my wife kind of forgets how much it cost to buy in the first place!

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a tip. To restart the Infotainment system press and hold the power button until the startup screen appears.

I need to know this because I get screen corruption in AA.
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it. was thinking the rhino for when my v6 turns up. grill looks great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh. Mind you I'm doing a lot for the Mrs lately to compensate for the latest toy. Used the skeleton of the front grill after removing the chrome and emblem, then placed some Autobahn Aluminum grill guard over it. Then stuck emblems back on. The last time I was in Cooktown was on a bike in the 80's. You blokes have a sealed road now don't you?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea mate sealed all the way up to Cooktown. I know they are busy sealing it all the way up to the tip but I dont know how that is going really. Probably changed a bit since you were here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to find a fuse layout diagram for the v6. Anyone else think its ridiculous that the owners manual does not even tell you where to look if you blow a fuse?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the same as the 2's then?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brize View Post
    Not the same as the 2's then?
    Nope!