User Tag List

Thread: Next Generation Amarok Dual Battery Kits

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next Generation Amarok Dual Battery Kits

Hi folks and at last, here is the info about my next generation isolators and Amarok Dual Battery kits.

The info is very basic but I will fill in more details over the Christmas - New Year period.

The AM-S1 is a basic kit using the new version of the SC80-CB isolator.

The AM-S1 is $295, including postage. ( AVAILABLE IN A V6 VERSION )

The AM-D1-E and AM-D2-E are kits setup for Engine Bay mounted Auxiliary Batteries and these kits are based around the new version of my DT90 isolator.

Here is the link to the INSTALLATION & OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS for the new DT90 Twin Isolator

DT90 INFO Download

The AM-D1-E is $335, including postage.

The AM-D2-E is $445, including postage.

The AM-D3-T to AM-D6-T are kits setup for TUB mounted Auxiliary Batteries and these kits are also based around the new version of my DT90 isolator.

The AM-D3-T is $460, including postage. ( AVAILABLE IN A V6 VERSION )
    The AM-D4-T is $475, including postage. ( AVAILABLE IN A V6 VERSION )

The AM-D5-T and AM-D6-T are $535, including postage. ( AVAILABLE IN A V6 VERSION )

The AM-U1-E to AM-U4-E are kits setup for Engine Bay mounted Auxiliary Batteries and these kits are based around my USI-160 High Current isolator.

Here is the link to the INSTALLATION & OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS for the USI-160 High Current Isolator

USI-160 INFO Download

The AM-U1-E is $320, including postage.

The AM-U2-E is $430, including postage.

The AM-U3-E is $425, including postage.

The AM-U4-E is $530, including postage.
    Last edited by drivesafe; 27th February 2017 at 09:45.

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @drivesafe those look really good and I'm thinking that the 90 series isolator with the built in battery save is a good idea. I make the following observation. There will never be a battery tray in the engine bay in a v6 on account of the lack of space. The new battery is an AGM and is larger. I'll try and get the details the next time I am near the vehicle.

The new Amarok (v6 at the moment but I'm sure the rest will follow suite) has 5 cigarette lighter sockets and it would be interesting if there is an easy way to run those off the isolator and the auxiliary battery.

Does the 90 series have in cabin gauges or is it the led patterns like the 160?

Also, what does the switch on the 90 do?
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my kit sitting in the garage ready to go in when i can get to it, really does look the goods !

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katabolism View Post
    Got my kit sitting in the garage ready to go in when i can get to it, really does look the goods !
    They certainly are. Mine has been in for a couple of years now, talk about set and forget. Very well put together and I have never wanted for power for my aux or the van batteries. I have the 160 and recently when the OEM battery died I just flicked a switch from the cabin to jump start the car until I got round to replacing the battery. Not why you put in a duel battery system but useful none the less.
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi brooks and Katabolism, I will post up info about the new SC80 and the DT90 isolators as quickly as I can but I am still writing the short version of the new installation instructions for those who have already received their new kits.

I should have this done by this afternoon.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one drivesafe. Waiting till the new year to put mine in so will use the new instructions too. Just got to get my fridge in a few weeks to make it a good weekend for installs. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @drivesafe,

I've been looking around for a DBS for a while and it looks like you've got just what I need.

I've got a MY14 Highline and a Johnno's camper trailer that runs a deent size fridge etc in it. I have an external fold out solar setup for charging whilst camped.

My immediate need is for an anderson plug outlet from the 'Rok so that I can charge the CT battery whilst travelling but ultimately I'd also like to add in an Aux battery later (haven't decided on engine bay or tray yet)

Questions:

- Can I "upgrade" the basic anderson plug setup later on to also accomodate the second battery or would I need to purchase an all new kit?
    - I don't want to lose the 12v outlet in my tray so does that mean the basic kit is no good for me?
    - Considering I want to be able to hook up my solar panel, does this mean I simply need to go for the most expensive kit listed here (AM-U4-E)?

I'm ready to purchase now (really I wanted to install it over the Xmas break but oh well..) with at least the rear Anderson output but have a 3 week trip planned in April so ultimately need the whole kit installed by then.

Thanks,

MC

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MC, unless you intend fitting an electric winch at some time, there is no advantage to fitting any of the USI-160 kits.

The new DT90 kits give you more setup and operating options.

From what you have posted, the AM-D2-E will do everything you want.

Both the new SC80 and the DT90 have REVERSE CHARGING, so the AM-D2-E kit will more than meet your needs.

I’ll be posting up full detailed info about the new DT90 as soon as I finish putting all the info together.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @drivesafe,

I want to fit a winch towards the end of next year so I'm not taking it into consideration for this time around.

How do I go about buying one of your new kits?

MC

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks and here is the link to the INSTALLATION & OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS for the new DT90

DT90 INFO

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @drivesafe can't wait to get this installed and my fridge setup now !
    Last edited by Katabolism; 31st December 2016 at 10:17. Reason: damn you auto correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @drivesafe I'm new to all of this and will have a battery box in the tub most of the time connected to a fridge. It will be taken out every now and the .

The battery box has an Anderson plug for charging the aux battery.

Which kit would be the best for this setup?

Thanks!

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matt, are you contemplating towing a camper trailer or caravan at some time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi drivesafe, no plans to tow either of those.

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK then, if you are mounting the battery at the front of the tub, near the cabin, the AM-D3-T is the best kit.

If you are mounting the battery at the rear of the tub, near the tailgate, then the best kit is the AM-D4-T.

NOTE, the price on all my Amarok Dual Battery Kits includes postage to any location in Australia.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed my kit today, only thing i didn't bother with was putting the rear 12V socket plug in, other then that, everything is connected and working perfectly, was pumping a lot of power into my ArkPak today.

Thanks for a great kit @drivesafe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly finished my install. Was hoping anyone could answer a quick couple of questions because Iím not as cluey as Iíd like with electrical items.

Iíve installed the AM-D2-E

Do I now run any additional items off my auxiliary battery? Or do I run them from my cranking battery? Etc, lights, inventor...

Also, Iíve installed the battery tray, any reason I canít just bend back the bracket holding the pump and cut the tray to fit a longer battery? Seems to simple to not have an issue?

The hose in pointing to in the photo may be to short but Iím sure I could source a longer replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the kit in. All works but my install is very messy. I guess itís not my area of expertise. May look at getting an autolec to look over it and tidy it up for me.

Now just need to run power to my accessories inside the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vendor
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stefan, if you can take some more photos of the areas you want to tidy up, we should be able to help you here and save you some money.

Thread Information