Wolf 4x4Bayford Volkswagen Epping

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Long range tank

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So has anyone fitted the new Frontier tank from ARB to their rig yet? Keen to hear your thoughts and see some pics if available.
    Cheers
    nt
    Natural grey Highline

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ntboozer View Post
    So has anyone fitted the new Frontier tank from ARB to their rig yet? Keen to hear your thoughts and see some pics if available.
    Yep, just had the ARB Frontier tank fitted. It looks like it uses almost all the space available. While it is much squarer than the original, it doesn't appear to be much lower overall, if there is any difference. As I had already extended the exhaust pipe to enable the use of an exhaust jack, I couldn't fit the 61L long ranger. Also, I am a fan of plastic tanks, no corrosion, they can cop immense punishment without splitting or leaving permanent dents. We get about 350 kilometres before the fuel gauge moves off full, and if it does hold 125 usable, then there is about 25 litres left when the gauge goes "DING" and the needle first touches the red zone. I would like to know if anyone else has one, and how low can you go on the fuel gauge before you get problems. Anyone in the Townsville area is welcome to have a look too. Another option is the PRV75 and DPRV75 from Enmach Industries. They are sold under various brands and available from many 4WD places. They are a perfect fit between the wheel arches on an Amarok ute. Check the attached photo of these in my ute.

Stu

IMG_2061 large.jpg

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day stu9,
    Those Enmach tanks looks the goods. What sort of $ did the set you back? Have you just attached them with the tie down point in the tub? If so, are they stable enough and would it still work with just 1 tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby82 View Post
    G'day stu9,
    Those Enmach tanks looks the goods. What sort of $ did the set you back? Have you just attached them with the tie down point in the tub? If so, are they stable enough and would it still work with just 1 tank?

This place sells what looks the same thing for $258 https://www.superiorengineering.com....ank-only-19387

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby82 View Post
    G'day stu9,

The reply above from Chisel is correct. You can buy the water tank with a pump installed, as I did. This makes it a bit more expensive, but saves some of the mucking around yourself. There are small differences in price between the diesel and water tanks. I use a small submersible pump that I drop into the diesel tank to pump it out. I bought this pump from a boating and marine accessory place. It was about $70 LESS than an identical looking pump from another well known place for tools, bit and pieces.

I have simply strapped them in to the front tie downs. Even these are almost perfectly aligned with the tanks. I was thinking yesterday about maybe placing a plank across the middle of the back of the tanks, with the ends under the straps to ensure they stay tightly up against the front of the ute when driving through rough terrain. A very simple and I expect effective way to hold them in place. So far the amount they have moved with only the straps is minimal, and the diesel tank is chockablock full. With only 1 tank, you wouldn't get the nice neat and tight fit, so would need to restrain the single tank some how. The 2 tanks fit very neatly between the wheel arches and under the hard lid. If you needed more, then 4 would also fit very neatly.

Stu
    Last edited by stu9; 29th May 2017 at 11:16.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stu,
    Any chances of some pics of the tank fitted to your rig?
    Cheers
    nt
    Cheers
    nt
    Natural grey Highline

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stu9 View Post
    The reply above from Chisel is correct. You can buy the water tank with a pump installed, as I did. This makes it a bit more expensive, but saves some of the mucking around yourself. There are small differences in price between the diesel and water tanks. I use a small submersible pump that I drop into the diesel tank to pump it out. I bought this pump from a boating and marine accessory place. It was about $70 LESS than an identical looking pump from another well known place for tools, bit and pieces.

I have simply strapped them in to the front tie downs. Even these are almost perfectly aligned with the tanks. I was thinking yesterday about maybe placing a plank across the middle of the back of the tanks, with the ends under the straps to ensure they stay tightly up against the front of the ute when driving through rough terrain. A very simple and I expect effective way to hold them in place. So far the amount they have moved with only the straps is minimal, and the diesel tank is chockablock full. With only 1 tank, you wouldn't get the nice neat and tight fit, so would need to restrain the single tank some how. The 2 tanks fit very neatly between the wheel arches and under the hard lid. If you needed more, then 4 would also fit very neatly.

Stu
    Thanks stu9.
    Looks and sounds like a great option.
    I will investigate further.
    Webby82

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall try to take some photos next week. Crawling under mine and my brother in laws, the clearance difference appears to be more that his has raised suspension and our rear is still standard. I expect the front to be a bit lower as the standard tank is not as deep at the front.

Stu

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooops double post
    Last edited by Redback; 3rd June 2017 at 10:57.
    Cheers Baz.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had the LRA 130ltr longrange tank in for over 2yrs now and it's been great so far, no clearence issues at all that we've experienced.
    Cheers Baz.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there has been an aux tank made for the V6’s, or if one is in development?

Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown Davis tank from the 2litre already fits

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Andrew

ACV - Sand Beige Highline

Amarok Alltrack

Supporting Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LRA have a Long Range Tank for the V6.

Interesting @Drew that the 2l fits because when I spoke with LRA they suggested not, even going so far as to offer a free tank if they could borrow the car to develop the tank. There would also need to be some minor modification (plumbing) as the fuel pump is on the other side.
    Ravenna Blue Ultimate

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long range tank

Brown Davis definitely have a tank to suit the V6 Rok. Itís part number is listed as VWA2 so there will be some changes to the setup over the 2.0lt which has a part number VWA1, how much or little Iím not sure but I canít imagine it would be much though it is enough to list it as a new part number. Either way they definitely have one.
    Cheers
    Mark

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the ARB frontier Tank Version 2 for the V6 fitted this coming Tuesday.
    Hopefully ARB has fixed the previous issues with the first version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vegie,

wondered if you have an update on how happy (or otherwise) you are with the ARB tank? I'm planning on going down this path unless someone who has actually installed the kit gives me some real reason(s) not to.

Thread Information